Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lemon with Plum and Bottle


I went with a slightly bigger format, 6 x 8 inches, and it feels HUGE compared with the
5 x 7 inch size. Funny. Anyway, I added another element, the bottle, and I'm fairly pleased with it though not 100%, so probably will do it again.
BTW, I saw "Julie & Julia" with my Mom last night and we both loved it. As was mentioned in this film about a blogger, I know what it feels like to be writing this without knowing whether anyone outside the couple of people I've shared it with is reading it. I plan to go public when we get back from New York in a couple of weeks and then I will feel like I actually have a wider audience.
So far this experience has been a bit of a revelation. I find that I have so much more excitement to paint than I did when I was painting for a show. Even thinking about painting outdoors has a different attraction than before the blog, because now it feels like I'm painting for myself and not for an external obligation.
So, lucky me to have decided to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment