Saturday, July 10, 2010

Brass Fish on a Turtle Candlestick Holder

Well, it's been a couple of days longer than I hoped to get back to posting; but better late than never, right? Here is one of those curious objects I've had for ages, in fact 40 years! It was given to me by my best friend Betsy back in the late sixties as a Christmas, or Birthday present, I'm not sure. I've always loved it, and had it displayed in one room or another through many moves and lives. The best part of this story, is that while I was recuperating from the knee surgery, I had my husband teach me how to use Facebook and I searched for her. And I found her. And now we are corresponding. I can't describe what a miracle this feels like! So to celebrate this amazing happening, I decided to paint one of my favorite beloved objects. Thank you Betsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment