Thursday, September 30, 2010

Self Portrait #2 - NFS

This is the second self portrait I've posted for this blog. I was inspired to do this one by seeing the portrait project of  artist Karin Jurick: http://karinjurick.blogspot.com/. I tried using her approach, (which is more methodical and more plane rather than line oriented than mine typically is), and which she illustrates really well a few entries back from the most current one. Anyway, after a couple of hours, and in great frustration, I ended up scraping most of my work off and found myself  with this  ghostly, or perhaps I could say anemic rather Vampire-like image. I touched it up a bit and this is what I got. It looks more contrasty in this photo, the painting itself is really quite pale.
The weird factor so far for my self-portraits is pretty high, but despite that I still really like this one....don't know quite why.

No comments:

Post a Comment