Monday, January 17, 2011

Sycamore Leaf on a Table

Well, I'm back. Did you all think I'd fallen off the face of the earth? Nothing so dramatic, in fact nothing at all but the usual holiday joys and duties mixed in with all the other stuff one seems to have to do at the end of the year. A blizzard in fact of things to do. So, the flurries having subsided, and the sun having returned I am finally returning to my painting a day, or as a fellow painter has named her blog, a painting today. Too bad that is taken, I love that title. I left off in late November, while it is still Autumn/Winter here in Southern California  without having painted any "Autumn" leaves, which a couple of you had requested...so I will begin posting a few small paintings of leaves that I've been collecting since November. Here is the first.




1 comment:

  1. Judith, this painting has such beautiful qualities. The light touch of your brush strokes and your color choices keep me staring. A wonderful painting which inspires! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete