Monday, June 9, 2014

A Prodigal's Return


Greetings from the void! In April, as the one year date of my disappearance from the blog approached, I promised myself I would not let it pass without logging in and posting a comment on what I've been up to. And yet even that hallmark has passed and here I finally am facing this blank page trying to figure out what to say...

What began last April as a short break in order to paint and plan ahead for a mid-summer show because of an early summer vacation, turned into a late summer family emergency, then another early fall family emergency, which then morphed into a late autumn deadline, which grew into.....
You get the idea. Most recently it's been inertia. How does one start up a once comfortable and valued but long abandoned routine?

The answer is of course to just do it.
I've still been painting, still entering shows, and still trying to achieve something more.

Painting larger landscapes has taken up some of that time while the smaller still life work I began a few years ago has been put aside for now.

If you are still out there, I hope you will welcome this resumption of the blog as I welcome the chance to reach out once more.

I'll start off with what I've most recently worked on, and will throw in a bit of last year's work just to make sure all is covered.

Right now there are 2 exhibitions and 1 competition coming up in the next 2 months.

Here are three of the paintings I've submitted into the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association's "Best of Plein Air" Show...I'll know which one/s will be entered next week.

Trabuco Palm 8 x 10 inches

Rancho Night 9 x 12 inches




O'Neill Sycamores 11 x 14

No comments:

Post a Comment