Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mission Hollyhocks SOLD


I cannot tell a lie. I did not paint this painting today. Or this week, or this month. I did paint it in May, while I was gallery sitting at the San Juan Capistrano Mission, when our group, the Southern California Plein Air Painters Assoc. had its yearly show there.
The gardens in spring there are nothing short of breathtaking. If you've never been, and have an opportunity to go, I cannot recommend it highly enough. There are Koi ponds, and fountains,and roses and old stone pathways, and a lovely sacred chapel and so much history.
Today has been a taking care of business day, hence the painting out of the past. Tomorrow I'm off to Corona del Mar to paint with the above mentioned group. Hopefully, I can bring back a little something to post.

1 comment: