Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Tumble of Apples



I mentioned a couple of days ago that I went crazy taking photos of all the beautiful fruits and vegetables displayed under the white canopies at the Santa Barbara Farmers Market.
It truly was like looking at gems, laid out in the soft shade, just glowing with color. I had already envisioned a sort of wallpaper like painting, so took photos close up so the whole frame was filled with shapes and colors, creating a bit of an abstract pattern even though the objects are recognizable. Here is the first of what I hope will be several paintings of the produce I photographed there. These are apples obviously. I was so wrapped up in getting the shot though that I forgot to note which variety they were. I've pumped up the color quite a bit because I could.




1 comment: