Monday, May 31, 2010

Early Morning Fog Bank - SOLD

I went out again early this morning hoping for fog at the Back Bay. I have this picture in my mind of the bluffs reappearing and disappearing into the foggy mists. When I got there though, it was a little too late, about 7:15 am, and the early morning fog was breaking up, with every once in a while a beam of sunlight breaking through to strike the bluffs across from where I was painting. I tried to capture this fleeting moment and this looks close to what I saw. The cliffs of limestone, or whatever material they are made of, absolutely radiate light when the sun strikes them. It's incredible. A beautiful breezy Memorial Day morning, and another painting to save for our Socalpapa Back Bay Show: July 23,24 & 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment